Payment via Direct bank transfer
- Minimum required attendance is 15 people per trip.
In case of cancellation, travel agency will refund the exact price of the trip itself,
not including wire transfer fees.
- It is possible to make the payment via Transferwise or Currencyfair.
- You may be asked to provide your name & bank account information to the travel agency.
- The deadline to book a reservation is 3 weeks prior to each trip.
- If you have any questions about excursions, please email Katerina Klatilova at email@example.com
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. However, ACM can issue a visa support letter. For visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include all of the following information in your original email:
All this information is necessary, and omitting any of it will delay the issuing of the support letter. Visa support letters are answered in the order they are received. You will receive a PDF letter by email within the 4-5 business days. Please note that ACM does not fax visa support letters. The PDF serves as a signed electronic version of the original letter which will be mailed to your current mailing address. If you do not receive the letter by post mail on time for your visa appointment, please print out your PDF letter and take it with you.
Please plan accordingly.
Public transportation in Brno is provided by DPMB which maintains trams, trolley-buses and buses that criss-cross the city. At night all public transportation is provided by night buses that cover almost the entire city. If you want to use public transportation, you must buy a ticket before you board the tram, trolleybus or bus. You need to purchase a two-zone ticket for zones 100+101 for any trip in the city of Brno. Single journey tickets can be bought from machines (coins only at most stops, credit cards accepted at major stops like the train station) at many stops. You may also purchase tickets with cash in Tabak stores. You need to validate the single journey ticket in the yellow validation machine when you enter the tram, trolleybus or bus. Instructions describing how to pay for transportation in Brno can be found here.
The DPMB also offers SMS tickets. This service is only available for Czech SIM cards. To use the service, send SMS to number 90206 with a code:
|length||approx cost in Euro||Czech price||Code|
|20 minutes||0.78 €||20 CZK||BRNO20|
|75 minutes||1.13 €||29 CZK||BRNO|
|24 hours||3.84 €||99 CZK||BRNOD|
Brno public transport tickets - valid for tram, trolley, bus and partly for train:
If you are staying in Brno for several days, consider buying a 5-day ticket which costs 250 CZK. There are several places where you can buy this ticket, but the easiest one is at the main railway station. You can buy it at any counter (look for the international counters because they are more likely to speak English). When you first use your ticket, be sure to validate it. You only have to validate your ticket one time, not on each trip.
|length||approx cost in Euro||Czech price|
|5 days ticket||9.78 €||250 CZK|
|1 day ticket||3.50 €||90 CZK|
|60 minutes||0.97 €||25 CZK|
Brno local transport timetable
We recommend downloading and using the following app if you plan to use taxis while in Brno.
- attach_money The Czech Republic uses its own currency, the Czech koruna.
- power In the Czech Republic the power plugs and sockets are of type E. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. Click HERE for more details.
- wb_sunny The average temperature in Brno in April is a little cool at 9 °C (48.2 °F). Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 14.4 °C (57.9 °F). Click HERE for more details.